2 May, 2022
IMU RECRUITMENT 2022
The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu was inaugurated on 6th August 2016, and welcomed the first batch of students into the campus in Paloura, Jammu. In the initial phases, the establishment of IIT Jammu was done under the mentorship of IIT Delhi.
In 2018, IIT Jammu shifted the primary operations to the Main Campus in Jagti, Nagrota. The State Government, Jammu and Kashmir has provided land for the establishment of a permanent campus of the Indian Institute of Technology in Jammu, which consists of 400 acres. Currently the Phase 1 A of the main campus, spread across 25 acres, is operational. Phase 1 B and 1 C are undergoing construction.
The campus in Paloura currently houses the PhD scholars and is being developed into a high-end research facility.
The main campus of the Institute is located on National Highway 44 and is about 15 kilometers from the Airport
Online Applications are invited for the posts of Campus Director of Visakhapatnam, Kolkata and Kochi:-
Name of The Post
No of Vacancies
1) Campus Director
✅ Age Limit:
✔️ Maximum 62 years.
✅ Pay Scale:- Level-14 [Academic] under 7th CPC plus Special Allowance of Rs.6750/-per month. Other benefits and allowances are as per IMU rules.
✅ Educational Qualification:
✔️ Good academic record with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade at both UG and PG level or at Integrated PG level in a relevant engineering discipline.
✔️ Ph.D. in Engineering
✔️ Candidate should have at least ten years’ experience of which at least 5 years should be in the rank of Scientist F or equivalent in Research Organization.
✔️ Candidate qualified to be appointed as a Professor in any of the School(s) in IMU.
✅ Application Fee:
✔️ Rs.700/- + applicable GST for SC/ST candidates.
✔️ Rs.1000/- + applicable GST for all other candidates.
✅ Selection Process:
✔️ Deputation/Direct Recruitment.
✅ How to Apply: (CLICK HERE)
✔️ Step-1: Applicants are required to fill the application form as available on the website www.imu.edu.in
✔️ Step-2: Read CAREFULLY all the instructions given on the website.
✔️ Step-3: After ‘Basic Registration’, use the system-generated User ID and Password received via SMS and Email for subsequent logins to complete the rest of the Online Application.
✔️ Step-4: The application shall be submitted only through the online mode; the candidate need not send any hard copy/online printed application.
✔️ Step-5: Candidates shall upload self-attested photocopies of the following
documents at the time of Online Application: –
- 10th standard certificate or equivalent in support of Date of Birth.
- Community certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/EWS candidates (If applicable).
- U.G degree certificate and mark sheets or grade certificate where applicable.
- PG degree certificate and mark sheets or grade certificate where applicable.
- Ph. D Certificate where applicable.
- Candidates applying under Category-3 (Mariners) shall fill in their sailing experience in the prescribed format and upload it in the relevant field.
- Candidates applying under Category-4 (Naval Officers) shall upload endorsement from present/previous employer (Indian Navy) as the case may be in the prescribed format.
- Other documents as applicable as per the Eligibility Criteria.
- Candidates shall download applicable prescribed formats from the landing/main page of the portal.
✔️ Step-6: Except photo and signature, all the documents should be uploaded only in PDF format.
✔️ Step-7: Candidates shall upload Declaration of Minimum Service and Educational Qualifications (as per prescribed format) signed by him/her and duly attested by a Notary Public.
For detailed Information Visit www.imu.edu.in
Last date for receipt of applications to apply till 10/06/2022 up to 05:00 pm