2 May, 2022
inStem RECRUITMENT 2022
The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), is a state-of-the-art research institute in Bangalore, India, dedicated to the study of stem cells and regenerative biology with translational emphasis. An autonomous institute funded by the Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, inStem’s research structure is built on a core of collaborative research with a thematic focus. inStem’s mandate to allow this cross-disciplinary, multi-pronged approach to research, straddles the divide between clinical and laboratory research. In trying to answer intractable and challenging questions that face the field, inStem seeks to rewrite the paradigm of the research institute: without barriers and across disciplines.
Research at inStem is directed at complex problems in areas of cell-differentiation and tissue regeneration with disease relevance. Our efforts have focused on accelerating advances in stem cell biology and regeneration in the context of brain, blood and cardiac disorders, skin diseases, as well as manipulation of stem cells for iPSC-based disease and tissue modeling. Research at inStem is organized around themes with an allied clinical translational unit located at Christian Medical College, Vellore.
Research is well-supported, with core facilities shared with the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), TIFR Bangalore and the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), which together form the Bangalore Life Science Cluster (BLiSc). inStem has a rich history of collaborations worldwide, notable amongst these a joint research laboratory based at inStem in partnership with IFOM, Milan, programmes on chemical biology and therapeutics with the University of Cambridge and an effort focusing on key unresolved questions related to neurodevelopmental brain disorders with the University of Edinburgh, amongst others.
inStem offers educational and training programs for graduate students, postdocs and internships for undergraduate students. inStem’s fast-growing community and its intellectually charged and supportive environs, ensures that its work is at the very forefront of science.
The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (DBT-inStem), Bangalore is advertising an appointment based at the Centre for Stem Cell Research (CSCR-www.cscr.in), the translational unit of inStem, located in the Christian Medical College, Bagayam Campus, Vellore Tamil Nadu in the Scientific Cadre for Scientist-E on Direct Recruitment failing which by Deputation/ Absorption:-
Name of The Post
No of Vacancies
1) Reader/Assistant Professor/Assistant Investigator (Scientist-E)
✅ Age Limit:
✔️ Maximum 50 years for Direct Recruitment / 55 years for Deputation.
✅ Pay Scale:- As per 7th CPC (Level-13)
✅ Educational Qualification:
✔️ PhD in life sciences or other Allied Sciences or Equivalent with 8 years R & D experience including PhD, demonstrated by strong publications and successful funding of competitive extramural grants.
✔️ Should be an outstanding scientist with a strong and exceptional research record with independent discovery research and collaborative/thematic research of a high order. Should have a strong research record with promise to contribute to the focused research theme at the Centre and/or carry out their own discovery driven research.
✅ Application Fee:
✔️ ₹ 500/- for Unreserved & OBC candidates
✔️ NO Fee – SC/ST Women and PwD category
✅ Selection Process:
✔️ Deputation/Direct Recruitment.
✅ How to Apply: (CLICK HERE)
✔️ Step-1: Applicants are required to fill the application form as available on the website www.instem.res.in
✔️ Step-2: Read CAREFULLY all the instructions given on the website.
✔️ Step-3: The applicant needs to fill the online application form and upload the following on the application portal:
- Updated CV
- Research statement with a cover letter framed to highlight the alignment with activities at CSCR. This may be done following discussion with the head of CSCR and/or based on the statement on the website.
- Contact details of eight (8) referees, known to the applicant in their professional capacity.
✔️ Step-4: Sections (i) – (iii) may be submitted as a single document General Conditions:-
- Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Candidates must ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement.
- All eligibility conditions will be determined with reference to the crucial date of eligibility i.e., the closing date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates are advised to keep a printout of the application form.
- Any amendment related to this recruitment shall be made available only on the Institute’s website.
- Candidates are required to assess their eligibility for the post before remitting the fee. No claim on refund of fee paid will be entertained.
- Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Bengaluru only.
For detailed Information Visit www.instem.res.in
Last date for receipt of applications to apply till 30/06/2022 up to 05:00 pm