For more than 150 years, the Department of Posts (DoP) has been the backbone of the country’s communication and has played a crucial role in the country’s social economic development. It touches the lives of Indian citizens in many ways: delivering mails, accepting deposits under Small Savings Schemes, providing life insurance cover under Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) and providing retail services like bill collection, sale of forms, etc. The DoP also acts as an agent for Government of India in discharging other services for citizens such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) wage disbursement and old age pension payments. With more than 1,55,000 post offices, the DoP has the most widely distributed postal network in the world.
India Post's products and services will be the customer's first choice.
- To sustain its position as the largest postal network in the world touching the lives of every citizen in the country.
- To provide mail parcel, money transfer, banking, insurance and retail services with speed and reliability.
- To provide services to the customers on value-for-money basis.
- To ensure that the employees are proud to be its main strength and serve its customers with a human touch.
- To continue to deliver social security services and to enable last mile connectivity as a Government of India platform.
The Ministry of Communication (Department of Posts) Civil Wing intends to fill up the Post of Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Level-7 of the Pay Matrix (Rs. 44,900-1,42,400/-) on deputation basis. The appointment on deputation will initially be for a period of three years, which may be extended as per Government rules.
Cabinet Minister - Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw
Private Secretary - Dr. Mahatme Sandeep Namdeo
Additional Private Secretary - Dr. Mandar Deshpande
Dy. Director General - Shri Abhishek Kumar Singh
Director - Sh. Neeraj Mehrotra