The University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) was established in 1971 as a Constituent College of University of Delhi. It imparts various medical and paramedical courses. Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital is the associated teaching hospital with 1526 beds. UCMS is known for its quality research and has a National ranking of 7th based on the number of publications in PubMed indexed journals.
Established in 1971 as a Constituent College of University of Delhi.
* Runs various medical and paramedical courses
* Annual admission MBBS: 170, MD/MS: 194; besides PhD courses in Medical Faculty
* Paramedical courses: BSc(Medical Technology), Radiography. Diploma course in Nursing (GTB Hospital), and Medical Laboratory In-service Training.
* Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital is the associated teaching hospital with more than 1526 beds.
* Known for its quality research; National ranking 32 based on the number of publications in PubMed indexed journals.
* Meritorious/Eminent Faculty on expert groups of UNICEF, WHO, UNAIDS, World Bank, ICMR, ICMR, NACO, DST and CSIR.
* Cater to the health care needs for the East Delhi community and surrounding border areas.
* College with excellent results: Students excel in curricular/extracurricular activities.
The University College of Medical Sciences was founded in 1971 by efforts of the Health Minister of Delhi. The Health Ministry proposed to provide medical education to every student who qualified. Even with the presence of two medical colleges in Delhi, MAMC and LHMC, many students were denied the opportunity to study medicine. In 1971, classes for the new college started in the makeshift Department of Chemistry on the North Campus of University of Delhi.
Prof. Mahesh Verma - Vice-Chancellor
Prof. Nawal Kishore - Treasurer Of The University.
Prof. Piyush Gupta - Principal of the College
Prof. Aditya N. Aggarwal - Dean, Faculty of Medical Sciences